Technical Resources Overview
Through the proAction initiative, Canadian dairy farmers provide measurable proof of the quality and safety of milk and meat and work to continually improve animal health and welfare, as well as environmental stewardship.
This section of the website includes resources for farmers to use in implementing proAction.
Watch the DFC and Farm Management Canada webinar and see why it’s a game changer:
Download the slides (1.9 MB)
The proAction Initiative
These documents will provide a guide and introduction to proAction and its modules:
The proAction initiative operates with six key modules. These modules have been developed and are being implemented at different stages:
The timelines were built to realistically allow for group and individual training and validation of all farms, building on the existing food safety (formerly CQM) infrastructure for record-keeping. The initiative is ambitious in that all Canadian dairy farms are expected to complete the certification and continue to undergo regular validations and show continuous improvement.
Each module was developed by technical working groups composed of farmers, scientists, veterinarians and industry specialists in the matter at hand. Each module is being developed and implemented in a staged approach of training and validation.
The Process of Registration, Validation & Compliance
With proAction, farmers are recording information, identifying issues and looking to improve, innovate and find solutions to their challenges.
Here is information on the registration process as well as the appeals and complaints process for proAction:
To farmers: the following documents will help you prepare for your proAction validation:
- Notice of Changes Coming in September, New Workbook and Reference Manual, July 2021
- Record 7b: Cattle Assessment Corrective Action Plan template, July 2021
- Notice of Change for Animal Care module, September 2020
- Notice of Change for Traceability module, September 2020
- List of Integrated Requirements (283 KB)
- proAction Reference Manual & Workbook (zip)
- Forms (to record procedures / SOPs) download in your choice of Word (zip) or editable PDF (zip)